This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Changing code

Actually the other thing I want to change is to add some anchor text when someone follows a pagination link. Some pages will have a lot of content above the comments so it will be annoying having to scroll down the page each time to look at each set of comments.

Have you completed the interview?

Yeah, that would be nice. The XHTML strict version will not have that though. So, v1.1 is almost ready to pack and ship, right?

I'm giving you three guesses...

Why, can you not have anchor text in XHTML strict?

Just a few things to do. I haven't been able to look at the field validation yet. As you know, it's been a bit busy on the forum today. I guess I probably need to get used to that. It will be out next week for sure - beta version anyway.

The name attribute is deprecated in xhtml strict.

Yeah, get ready to answer the same question five million times over.

I still can't believe opening a link in a new window is against xhtml strict. In my opinion there are times when it's necessary.

Yeah, it is odd. That is why most people choose xhtml transitional over strict. Sometimes people think that it's very annoying when a new tab pops up and they can't press the back button in it. Also, IE (shudder) doesn't handle new tabs correctly. if add
Code:
<a href="www.example.com" target="_blank">some text here</a>
and test it out in IE, it opens it in a new browser window.

I've just made some good progress with utf-8.

I've coded Commentics so that it now only performs character validation and character 'fixing' if the character encoding is ASCII.

Nice. If you need help, tell me. I could speed things up. So what it does is check if the content (in the meta tag) is ASCII and adjust the checks accordingly, right?

Yeah it basically just uses the PHP function mb_detect_encoding() to check whether the submitted data is ASCII. If it is then it does all the checks as normal but if it isn't then it doesn't do them. It still makes sure that the right field data gets submitted, but it won't look at the characters in detail to check that there are letters etc. It seems to be the best solution.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mb-det...coding.php

By the way, thanks for helping out on the forum today. It's been a big help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by noblues
09-Jun-2014, 10:11 PM
Last Post by Steven
10-Oct-2013, 09:51 PM
Last Post by 2hands
30-Dec-2012, 01:34 AM
Last Post by 2hands
24-Jun-2012, 08:56 PM