This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Banned after every post

I think there is an article on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I am having a problem of getting banned every time I try to post a comment because of incorrect referrer. Is this because I am an admin?

http://www.provohappening.com/attraction...raction=40

it's the same result for my other pages.

Actually, you shouldn't be getting banned if you're an admin. Are you using any add-ons or modifications? Maybe you put in an incorrect id?

I'm giving you three guesses...

(07-Oct-2010, 06:07 PM)Static Wrote:  Actually, you shouldn't be getting banned if you're an admin. Are you using any add-ons or modifications? Maybe you put in an incorrect id?

Did you try posting? I just got a ban from 98.88.169.4 for the same reason
It works when I have admin detection on. I had it off when I tried posting. Any idea what the problem could be?

Yes, that's my ip.
I'm not sure why it's doing that. Didn't it work correctly earlier? Did you use one of my tutorials/add-ons?
You can turn off the referrer check BTW.

I am using the dynamic urls and I still have the admin detect to add comment to page script.
What would be the problem if I turn the referrer check off?

If you are going by the tutorial, make sure that you use
PHP Code:
<?php 
$page_id
= $_GET['attractions'];
for the id. Then, make sure that the backend has the correct page included.

If you're using the add-on, then make sure any checks are correct in the include script.

If you were to check off the referrer check, then there might be a problem of commenting from a different page. I don't know what could go wrong there, so it seems pretty safe to do so.

It worked when I turned off the referrer check. I think that should do it for now. Thanks!

Actually, I have the same problem:
Referrer check = Off
logged in as admin = No

I managed to post once and now, it absolutely does nothing.
Click thumbs up/down = nothing, not even a message that I rated already
Click Flag = nothing ...
Click Reply = nothing ...
Rating drop-down is disabled
I can fill in the rest and submit but then the error message pops up that I had been banned before ...
and ... this message throws my entire pages CSS out of the window ... it seems to just get rid of the right column, too.

YES, I got banned at the very beginning. Then -
= I deleted the ban from within the admin section
= I "UN"checked referrer check
= I set ban cookie length to 0

I should also mention that in the database, there is "no" ban recorded (thus, removing my first ban I got within the admin section did the job correct) something, somewhere in the script must still keep the ban secretly ;-) something spooky is going on or is the spook me? ;-)

I really would need some suggestion on that. I can't put the site live with this.
Thanks a lot

Hi,

Just delete your browser cookies and it will remove the ban completely.

http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=21

If the vote and flag features are no longer working then it may be related to the switch to the latest version of jQuery.

Have you completed the interview?

(06-Jun-2011, 11:15 AM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Just delete your browser cookies and it will remove the ban completely.

http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=21

If the vote and flag features are no longer working then it may be related to the switch to the latest version of jQuery.
Well, that is what I did at very first. I even turned off my Mac and for a change - slept. When I turned it on again (after 7hrs) it was still the same .. in 5 browsers !!

I am running totally in the dark here!
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post