This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Can a Commentics install be easily duplicated?

Hello,

I'm using Commentics on an initial website, no problems at all (it's great!). Although I'm a newbie I adapted it for the site (some time ago), as well as for a mobile site. I've just created a new website with the same template as the first, and have installed a new Commentics install via Softaculous (they're both the same versions). I want to replicate all the (CSS and HTML) changes I made to the first Commentics, and am wondering if I can simply copy the original Commentics folder over top of the new one. I know I have to change the name of the login/admin directory in the new Commentics folder. Is this all that needs to be changed (and so an easy operation) or is there much more to this, and so should be avoided?

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes it should just be a case of copying the Commentics folder to the new site.

If your new site already has the /upload/includes/db/details.php file then don't copy that file across.

Have you completed the interview?

Hello Steven,

I did actually scrounge around and found all the changes I made to my original install, and so manually adapted them to my second install, but thanks nonetheless.

Having now adapted Commentics to a mobile site I'd totally make a mobile APP if I knew how, but that's way beyond my comprehension.

Thanks again for the great script!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by gongong
18-Feb-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post by Steven
07-Jul-2015, 05:57 PM
Last Post by Steven
29-May-2015, 08:51 PM
Last Post by Steven
29-Mar-2012, 09:20 PM