This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comment Length

Ok. I'll see what I can do.
Thanks.

It's looking a lot better now.

Don't forget includes/template/divider2.txt. You might need to use the normal notepad application to convert that.

Have you completed the interview?

Nice design by the way, I especially like the star images.

Steven.
I think it is solved.
1 - I've changed the charset in MySql table and fields, from utf8_spanish_ci to utf8_unicode_ci.
2 .- I have read in a forum that in PHP and HTML pages, we need add just after to the Query from database this:

mysql_query ("SET NAMES 'utf8'");?>

3 - Of course, on each page I put: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

Well, everything seems to work.

The only thing left is how to change the months of the data comment from English to Spanish, you know where I can do?

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks for you feedback.

Commentics v1.1 onwards has built-in UTF-8 support so you don't need to add the SET NAMES query. The script prefers to use the mysql_set_charset() method if possible because that's the official recommended way.

You can change the display of the time and date in Layout -> Comments -> General.

Useful reference:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

OK. thanks.

Hello,

I have the same problem and I don't understand why it doesn't work. I still get this "too short" message.
comment grossir
I changed my page for charset UFT-8.
I have 1.3.5 version
Min characters 2
Min words 1
Thy is a mystery.
Do somebody know how to fix it ?
Thx
Adel

If I look at your page using Firefox and click Tools -> Page Info then it says that the encoding is 'ISO-8859-1' and not 'UTF-8', even though you have the UTF-8 meta charset inside your head tag. I'm not sure yet why the meta charset isn't working correctly with the web browser but that will definitely be the route of the problem.

I've found the issue, you put "UFT" instead of "UTF". You misspelled it.

Hello, I was about to answer, I found it ! The "uft" error ! I spent my day on it. This is what happen when you don't want to use a CMS lol
Anyway, thank you very much =)
Adel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mark
25-Mar-2023, 11:45 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Nov-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post by WhatSay
20-Aug-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post by Steven
31-Dec-2014, 06:19 PM