This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Noob

Hello I wanted to introduce myself, I use quite a lot of forums and have found one of the best ways to judge a site is the forum response to new members, so here goes.
I am developing a tutorial site and have spent some time studying html, css, javascript, php, and a whole host of other programs and software for things like video production, sound recording the list seems endless, I set myself the target of getting a basic comment system up and running on a test site this weekend, and started yesterday morning, it took me about 4 hours to discover it wasn't going to be simple, but a target is there for a reason.
I came across Commentics (and a few others) with a google search, I have to say it looks good, I have Commentics installed and running locally, besides a problem with the layout it has been fairly easy to get setup. If anyone can give me any links to tutorials or examples of how to tweak some of the settings for a begginer it would be great, but looking at the site and this forum, I don't think it is going to be difficult to get it figured out.
PS when I said basic comment system at the start, Commentics is way beyond that already, I'm seriously impressed, thanks.

Hi there,

It's nice to hear you're impressed with the script. Currently there aren't any guides for using the admin panel besides the help icons next to the fields and the 'Get help for this page' links that are yet to be fully written. There's also the FAQ section which has basic information. Hopefully most of the settings are self-explanatory but if you aren't sure or you have any questions just create a post in the Settings part of the forum.

Have you completed the interview?