This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Resetting Password

I needed to do a database backup. At phpmyadmin, I couldn't remember password, so I changed it. After restoring backup, when trying to enter admin panel, I received database connection error, saying that the password was wrong.

I then found the original password, but could not restore it, because they now require password to have a hashtag.

I then went into phpmyadmin and followed procedure to change admin password to "password". I still received error. I contacted isp and they said that I would need to locate file (details.php?) with password, and change it. I cannot find file with password. Can you help?

Here is the error that I receive when trying to login to admin panel...

Sorry, there is a database connection error:1045:
Access denied for user 'fleebabylon'@'97.74.215.48' (using password: YES)

This error appears to be because your password is wrong.The following are steps to help fix it:

(a)
Open the file /db/details.php
(b) Check the value of $cmtx_mysql_password
© Does it match with your MySQL password?

There are two passwords which you could be talking about. There's the Commentics admin login password and there's the password for connecting to MySQL. From the error that you posted it looks like the latter. So your host was right that you need to enter the correct password in the details.php file. The location of that file is /upload/includes/db/details.php.

Have you completed the interview?

It worked, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by james
30-Jul-2010, 11:27 PM