This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

cache - possible?

Hi,

It is a very great script, with very extensive features and options. You have thought of absoulutely everything. I really like it, and really appriciate the great work. I finally succesfully migrated my comments from Gentlesource Comment Script, it is much better than that.

However, I only miss one feature - caching. Gentlesource could cache the comments, so it didn't select the comments from the database every time the a page was loaded. After a new comment it just deleted the cache, and cached again when the page was loaded next time - and the cache of that particular page contained the new comment. With Commentics, with 200+comments, page load can be 10+ secs, with GentleSource it was just 5. That served static pages (pagination is not really an option for some reasons).

So I am writing if there is a slight chance, that someone already have a solution for this, or if it will be in the next version. I would pay for solutions, too, if someone may have done it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm considering this for the next version. The only obstacle is that for it to work accurately, it would need to re-cache not only when a new comment is submitted but also whenever someone 'likes' or 'dislikes' a comment. Due to the possibly high frequency of this, it didn't seem as worthwhile. What are your thoughts?

Have you completed the interview?

Hi,

Yes, you're right. I dont' use likes/dislikes, but probably many users use it, so it is more complicated. And also, for me, speed is very important for SEO reasons, and I also don't use pagination because of that, so this feature maybe wouldn't be that important for so many users. I just guessed there may be a solution, or developement for this.

Okay, maybe this could be an optional setting.

In any case, the next version is going to be a great deal faster, even without caching enabled.

Have you completed the interview?

That's great news, thanks for the info and again, for the great script! Even though I made some modifications, I will update for that as soon as possible.