This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Edit Manage Reviews

This is a either/or question :-)

My first choice would be this:

Can I have the comments post in two places(database only) at the same time?
For example:
Business has representatives. Each rep has their own comments page. Each rep's comments are posted to their own page and posted into the database as normal - BUT, have it also post to the businesses main page - where all comments are posted/aggregated in one place?  But here is the rub: IF a rep leaves the firm and the page is removed, their comments deleted from the system, those same comments STAY within the businesses main page? (Thus the reason to have it post to two separate places at the same time.

You see, these reps are being displayed on dynamically loaded pages and their reviews are being pulled in with a simple PHP include with various "FROM", "WHERE", and "AND" statements. The problem is, when the rep is removed from the dynamically loaded page, their reviews remain on this page until deleted from Commentics. That's not "normally" a problem, as most people would simply delete the comments as well, and the page loads as it should without the comments being displayed. ECEPT in this case, the business may want to keep some of their reviews on the businesses "main page" that lists ALL reviews. So, is this possible?

Goodness... I hope that made sense! haha

---OPTION two---

This actual sounds easier, though I have tried to no avail. But it might be easy for you:

In the "manage comments page, add a "show/Hide" selector in a new column appropriately name "Sow/Hide". A drop down list would have two choices: Show and Hide. Show would be default and when the page is updated, nothing happens, but when hide is selected, an entry would be added to the database.

I think I know how this can be done:
The business is NOT using the Country field. If I could incorporate "part" of this form into the "Manage Reviews" page and only use the country "US" (hide) and nothing selected by default (Show), this would hide the reviews from being displayed on the dynamically loaded page when everything else is removed. I could use a PHP include on that page sort of like this:

SELECT * FROM comments WHERE country = ' ' AND  is_approved = '1'"  (would be to "Show" the review. )

So, when the query is made and the WHERE country returns a value of 'US', it would NOT be displayed.
See attachment :-)

Thanks for such a GREAT product and very much look forward to hearing from you.

PS: I have learned a lot from reading all the posts and the wonderful help provided through this community. I hope someone can help in this case.

Thanks!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fixed it myself. Whew!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 01:22 PM