This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Pages are not created nor accesible

Hello all
I have just installed this nice comment system without special issues, but whet I try to integrate it on my website I'm having problems with the pages creation and access. I added the necessary code to a test page as described at integration wiki:

Code:
$cmtx_identifier = '0';
$cmtx_reference = 'Inicio';
$cmtx_path = 'commentics/';
require $cmtx_path . 'includes/commentics.php';

But when I visit the page the message "Please ensure that this page has an identifier" appears where the comments form should be and Admin panel->Manage->Pages showed 0 entries. I then inserted page info at pages table in the database with an sql statement. Now Admin panel shows the page, but the my test page still shows the missing identifier message.

Hi,

What happens if you globalise the variables first, like below?

PHP Code:
<?php 
global $cmtx_identifier, $cmtx_reference, $cmtx_path;

$cmtx_identifier = '0';

Have you completed the interview?

Same result. But I have now noticed that if I use numbers higher than 0 as identifier it works as expected, although those pages don't appear in admin panel nor in the database.

If you go to 'Manage -> Pages' and click the 'Options' link at the top right, do you have the first checkbox selected?

Yes, it's checked

Okay, that's the issue. If you uncheck it then it will create the page as soon as the page is viewed, rather than until a comment is submitted.

OK, thanks for the reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jordann
23-Sep-2011, 09:02 PM