This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

v1.3 Development

Nope, not yet. I'm about to look at it at this very instant though. Good luck with the links Smile

I'm giving you three guesses...

So far so good, only one problem. When posting smilies, the ones in the form show up, but the ones in the comment don't if the path to them has a capitalized letter. Not sure if anything else is affected by this issue, but it may be (yes, I know that a capitalized letter is bad in URLs). In my case, the file was located in "http://localhost/Commentics-dev/file.php", and the path variable was
PHP Code:
<?php 
$path_to_comments_folder
= "commentics_1.3/comments/";

That's odd because I often develop in a folder called 'commentics_1.3 - Copy' and I don't get such a problem. I have come up with a few attempts at the social links. It's quite difficult to design them so that they fit in aesthetically with the rest of the page. Which do you think is best?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you completed the interview?

I guess the problem is that the directory that the folder/file is located in is capitalized. Don't know why.
I like the black-and-white one the best, but they all take up too much space vertically in my opinion. Any others you could show? Later, some packaged icons should be available for download so that people can choose what they like best.
I'm close to finishing the pagination of replies. They way I'm doing it now is much better than what I had last time. I'll PM the files to you later.

That's great news! Yeah a choice of icon downloads is a nice idea. I like 1 and 4 the most. I think it's a fine line between making them visible and not making them stand out, because the comments etc should obviously have more focus. I will see if I can come up with some others.

Just to let you know, I'm pretty much done. I just need to iron out a couple of bugs. Couldn't work on it yesterday because Windows is getting BSODs on startup all the time which still needs fixing. Luckily, I dual-boot with Linux as my main OS, so I can keep working on the script.

As soon as I posted the above, something inside my brain sparked. A simple solution came to me that would make the reply pagination a breeze. In fact, it's so simple that I feel rather stupid x_x

Oh, well. Point is, the pagination is done. All I need to do is tidy it up a little, add an extra case, and PM it. If you want, I can also send you the other version that is much more complicated than it's supposed to be, just for comparisons sake Smile

Yeah you can send me both. I'm starting to wonder what approach you have taken, whether it's including the replies in the existing pagination or something entirely different such as adding extra pagination to distribute only the replies.

Now that I'm finished with that, what else should I work on? Is Import/export something that would be useful for 1.3, or is there something with higher priority?

Excellent! I just tested it with loads of comments and it seems to be working fine, exactly how I expected it to work. It makes me glad that the script is open source.

The import/export feature could be difficult because it's more to do with importing comments from other scripts rather than with this one. It's based on this thread: http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=125

If you want you could take a look at the feature for deleting multiple rows in the backend?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
22-Jan-2011, 09:12 PM