This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Paid support

Do you offer paid support for upgrading to the latest version as the process seems a little tricky. I am concerned that I might loose my existing comments and mess up the installation. I am currently on v2.2
Is there an auto upgrade in the pipeline?

I once lost comments on a site I'd neglected due to jumping too many versions ahead. I just couldn't figure it out, but didn't ask for support at the time. 

That said, other times the upgrade has worked without a hitch. Maybe it's safer to go up 1 at a time, but others would know better than I. If you make a backup of the database as well as a complete copy of all files in the working installation, you have a fallback in case something goes wrong. I failed to do that, and it's the only reason that I lost those comments.

Of course jumping to version 3 when it is done, I myself might feel better to have some paid help but with backups I hope to be safe!

(21-Apr-2016, 03:48 AM)chratcliff Wrote:  I once lost comments on a site I'd neglected due to jumping too many versions ahead. I just couldn't figure it out, but didn't ask for support at the time. 

That said, other times the upgrade has worked without a hitch. Maybe it's safer to go up 1 at a time, but others would know better than I. If you make a backup of the database as well as a complete copy of all files in the working installation, you have a fallback in case something goes wrong. I failed to do that, and it's the only reason that I lost those comments.

Of course jumping to version 3 when it is done, I myself might feel better to have some paid help but with backups I hope to be safe!

It is a good suggestion, should you really need to do a full backup, only then do the upgrade. However, if the upgrades do not fit what you want, you can go back to a previous version and has a backup file. As same as you say it's better to have some paid that can helps you so that it is more secure Smile