This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Securimage Settings Not Affecting Securimage

Hi,
Securimage settings I try to set from the Commentics administrator page under Layout->Form->Captchas->Securimage are not being set in Securimage. The Enable checkbox however does seem to enable and disable the Securimage captcha. I discovered this problem because the Securimage captcha code length and form field maximum length were both set to 4 characters but the captcha images being created were 6 characters long. The result was users were allowed to type in only 4 characters into the form field but the required code was 6 characters.

I changed the Securimage form field length to 6 characters under Layout->Form->Maximums->Captcha to get around this problem but this is more of a work around instead of a fix because it is changing the length of the form field created by Commentics instead of changing the length of the Securimage codes.

Is there something I need to do get the Securimage settings being set in Commentics passed over to Securimage?

I am using Commentics version 2.5 and Securimage version 3.6.4. Originally Securimage version 3.5.2 was installed but the captcha image would not display so I tried upgrading Securimage and the image display problem went away.

Hi,

The file /upload/external/securimage/securimage_show.php is meant to connect to the Commentics database to get the Securimage settings. It's possible you overwrote that file when updating the Securimage version. Try replacing just that file with the one that comes with Commentics. As a last resort you could hardcode the settings in there according to the documentation on Securimage's website.

Have you completed the interview?

I did overwrite the securimage_show.php file when Securimage was upgraded so that explains why Securimage was not receiving the settings I made in Commentics. Thanks for the insight there.

However, restoring securimage_show.php back to the Commentics version also restores the original problem, which is that the captcha is not showing on pages with comments. Calling securimage_show.php directly in the browser results in the message
    "Failed to generate captcha image, content has already been output. This is most likely due to misconfiguration or a PHP error was sent to the browser."
being displayed.

Upon further investigation I found the problem. The file <commentics>/includes/db/details.php had what appeared to be a space character after the "?>" on the last line. This was inadvertently causing http headers to be sent. I am pretty certain I never modified this file so I think there may be a bug in the installer or whatever code created the file.

Softaculous was used to install Commentics so maybe this has something to do with the problem with the details.php file.

Okay, thanks for letting me know, I'll be looking into this.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post