This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Frontend demo

Hello,

In the frontend demo of Commentics on this site I add a comment. Page is refreshed and comment is shown.

If I press the back button in the browser I am taken back to the same page but with the text I just submited still showing in the input boxes. Why does the script work like this? After comment is submited it redirects to the same page? Is there any way I can get rid from browser history of this intermediate page, with the text I just submited still showing?

Thank you!

Hi there's not much I can do about it but in the next version, Commentics v3, it uses ajax to post comments so it won't have this issue. That's due for release later this year.

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you, will wait for v3 Smile

(24-Sep-2016, 11:55 AM)Steven Wrote:  Hi there's not much I can do about it but in the next version, Commentics v3, it uses ajax to post comments so it won't have this issue. That's due for release later this year.

Hi there Steven, 

I downloaded version 4 but for some reason the website does not refresh when I submit comment. I have to refresh the page manually. Why is that? What can I do?

Do you mean v3? Can you provide the URL to your page so I can determine what's happening. You can PM me it if you'd prefer.

Have you completed the interview?

(21-Nov-2016, 10:10 PM)Steven Wrote:  Do you mean v3? Can you provide the URL to your page so I can determine what's happening. You can PM me it if you'd prefer.

Yes sir. It is v3. I also sent you a pm with further details.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Mar-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post by alan081954
31-Mar-2011, 05:44 PM