This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Moving to new Server

Hi, i encounter i strange problem, hope someone can help me.

I switch to new dedicated server, been using commentics for years, I only move new server with same domain.

Anyway, i backup my database and uploaded into new server with the database i backup, but when i go to commentics, my September & October page/comments is not loaded in only.

Can someone help me? Those comments quite important for me.

Thanks in advanceee

Hi, have you checked your database backup to make sure it has the missing data? In your database backup look for the 'pages' table to see if your September and October pages are there and look for the 'comments' table to see if any of the comments belonging to those two pages are there.

Also check the database on your new server (using e.g. phpMyAdmin) for the same.

What about your pages from July, August etc. Are they there?

Have you completed the interview?

Hi, thanks for reply. Hmmm, all comments and page are there, just that September and October comments are missing not showing in commentic admin panel.. Sad

phpMyAdmin i can see all pages and comments but not in the commentic admin panel. Sad

Have you increased the Limit Results setting in 'Settings -> System'?

(11-Oct-2016, 08:43 PM)Steven Wrote:  Have you increased the Limit Results setting in 'Settings -> System'?

Yes, please see the screenshot.

Left picture is comments and right is page.

I don't know why it can't load Augs - Oct in-between the gap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd have to take a look at your database and files in order to figure this out.

If you want you can PM me your phpMyAdmin and FTP details and I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

(12-Oct-2016, 09:36 PM)Steven Wrote:  I'd have to take a look at your database and files in order to figure this out.

If you want you can PM me your phpMyAdmin and FTP details and I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

PM you by the way. :Smile

if need to connect to commentic admin panel, the password is the same.

Thanks. I have plenty of time tomorrow to look at this. I'll reply here as soon as I know more.

(14-Oct-2016, 07:53 PM)Steven Wrote:  Thanks. I have plenty of time tomorrow to look at this. I'll reply here as soon as I know more.

thanks Steven.  Big Grin

Hi gongong,

If you look at your phpMyAdmin again you'll see that there are no comments between 5th August to 10th October and there are no pages between 4th August to 10th October. So the data isn't in your database. The next step would be for you to check that the missing data is in the file that you used for the import. If the data is in the file then there was a problem with the import to your new server. If the data is not in the file then there was a problem with the export from your old server. I'm guessing that the data is in the file and that the file is very big (e.g. over 75MB) so this might be why, because you can only import up to a certain amount of data before it quits. In this case what you should do is open the file and remove all the data except the missing data and only import that and hopefully the file will be small enough for it to import properly. If the file is still too big then you'll have to look at other options like importing it through command line (using something like 'MySQL Workbench') rather than through phpMyAdmin.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
15-Apr-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Gabe
24-Oct-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Feb-2013, 05:56 PM