This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

page id based based comments

Hi,

I need a help to modify the commentics plugin for my website.

I could see that comments are based on the page url. I need to save this a id of a page. I have a unique id for each page. so that can used to save the comments.
in "pages" table i can the see the field to save the url.

How can i change the url to page id from codes.

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. The 'url' field in the 'pages' table doesn't determine anything. It's the 'identifier' field which determines the comments. The value of the 'identifier' field is linked to the $cmtx_identifier variable in the integration code. If you have a unique ID for each page then you should set it as the value of the $cmtx_identifier variable.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi,

Thank you for the help. Fixed the issue.

I have cross domain issue while calling the font awesome fonts folder.Shows error in console once we try to submit the comment.

At the moment, it's not designed for cross-domain use. Each domain must have its own installation.

i need to integrate login with social media to comment the post, instead of adding name and email. please explain how can i integrate the same into commentics plugin. i have a code in php to integrate the social media login, but how to integrate the same into commentics plugin

(10-Mar-2017, 11:24 PM)Steven Wrote:  I'm not sure I fully understand your question. The 'url' field in the 'pages' table doesn't determine anything. It's the 'identifier' field which determines the comments. The value of the 'identifier' field is linked to the $cmtx_identifier variable in the integration code. If you have a unique ID for each page then you should set it as the value of the $cmtx_identifier variable.

Hi Steven, I too have unique url's for each page on my website.....

From your post I have a question......

The 'Identifier', should I use the url for each page as the identifier?

Currently I have just put a unique name, but I'm wondering if there are benefits to using the page url as the identifier

Manually putting a unique name is typically best. The problem with grabbing the URL is that it can change (for example someone might view your page with '?test=123' at the end of it) which would create a new page. If you can get the URL such that it's always the same then this would be fine and may be beneficial saving you time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post by vkp