This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

MariaDB 10

Hello,

I have a problem with installing the script. 

My hosts have said this, "All of our platform is being migrated to new database servers with MariaDB 10 which is the equivalent of MySQL 5.6."

I have tried to run the installer but it just tells me I must have 5.6.5 or higher.

Will it not be possible for me to run this script because of this?

I am new to databases so please excuse me if this is a silly question  Confused

Thanks for your time

Kay

OK, I've fixed this now. Found your answer to someone else having the same problem. I now have a new problem and do not know if it is related or not.

My form is not showing. I've tried everything talked about in the integration guide and I cannot find any answers on this forum either.

My test page is here: http://www.healingincornwall.co.uk/revie...nish1.html

I have a couple of sites that I would like to use Commentics on so would really appreciate any help. I will of course donate if I can get it working.

Kay

Hi Kay,

It looks like you're trying to integrate Commentics in a HTML file. As such, the integration code (which is written in PHP) isn't being executed. If you view the source code of your page using your browser, you can actually see the integration code! So you'll need to do either of the two options below:

https://www.commentics.org/wiki/doku.php...html_pages

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply.

I have done all of that. Do you mean I have to copy and past the index.php into my html page?

Kay

When you said you've done all of that, what have you done? Did you add the 'AddHandler..' code to your website's .htaccess file? If not, that's what you need to do. If so, it hasn't worked so you'll need to contact your host to find out why. They should know exactly what's required in order to get PHP to execute in a HTML file on their own server.

Have you completed the interview?

I did add the 'AddHandler' code but it still didn't work. I have now changed the page to a php page and so far so good.
Thanks for the reply.