This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Stopped working after first post

I installed the program, inserted it on a page. The form showed up. Then when I posted a comment, everything turned strange and I'm getting all sorts of error messages.

Note that the comment I posted didn't show up in the admin panel.

Prior to turning error reporting on, I got "Internal Server Error." Then with error reporting turned on, there are hundreds of lines like:

Notice: Undefined index: comment in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 377

This is the page: http://onesourcepress.com/contemplations/

I had the "identifier" in the wrong place. I must not be understanding something.

For the identifier, I'm trying to use the database table ID for the page post. In the admin panel, the page "Identifier" shows as the PHP code:

<?php echo($rsContemplateI->getColumnVal("meds_id")); ?>

So, how do I fix that? Or, what should I enter as the $cmtx_identifier?

Okay, I fixed the Identifier problem, and all pages now show in Manage > Pages. I entered some comments on two pages. Those show in Manage > Pages (and are stored in the database table "comments").

However, the comments do not show in Manage > Comments or on the pages.

If I navigate away from a page on which I posted a comment and then return, or if I refresh the page, then I get hundreds of errors, beginning with:

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/system/database/mysqli.php on line 83

Notice: Undefined index: comment in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 377

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 387

Notice: Undefined index: page_url in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 387

Notice: Undefined index: date_added in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 390

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/frontend/controller/main/comments.php on line 405

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/oaktree42/public_html/comments/system/database/mysqli.php on line 83

I'm not entirely sure without looking into this further. You're welcome to send me your site's access details to the page below. I'll be able to take a look in the next day or two.

https://www.commentics.org/support/index.php?a=add

Have you completed the interview?

I had a look today. The issue was because when you installed Commentics, you already had a database table named 'users', so the installer created all of the tables except that one. So the script was trying to use your own 'users' table which of course didn't have the correct columns. In the future you should specify a database prefix during the installer so that all of the Commentics tables start with something like 'cmtx_' and don't clash with other tables. I've done this for you which has resolved it.

There's a slight styling issue which I noticed. For each comment, at the bottom right, there are options to share, flag etc. When clicked, these are displaying at the very bottom right of your page and it's because of your 'Bootstrap Core CSS' which you're including. I couldn't work out the exact cause but maybe you can remove it if it's not needed.

Have you completed the interview?

Ah! I am truly an idiot! Thank you so very much!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
08-May-2016, 11:23 AM
Last Post by Steven
20-Jan-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Apr-2013, 07:59 PM
Last Post by Steven
14-Feb-2013, 01:30 PM