This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

v2.x --> 3.x subscribers migration

As the website install / upgrade procedure does not migrate your subscribers by default, I can confirm that it is possible to migrate your past [subscribers] list into the new database [subscriptions] that Commentics engine 3.x would be happy to digest. It takes a short time to work it on MySQL, or better yet, phpmyadmin. If you needed any hints, let know.

Hello Roman,

I am trying to figure how to migrate subscribers from 2.5 to 3.0

I would appreciate your assistance.

Gabe

Steven,

Where are subscribers stored in 2.5, and where are they to be stored in 3.0?

(23-Jan-2018, 11:18 PM)Gabe Wrote:  Steven,

Gabe,
It's been some time - my bad I did not write a manual when I was doing it. So I am trying to figure out now.
You habve to export OLD subscribers table (2.5) into NEW subscriptions table (3.2). First you have to tailor the old subscribers table so it has same columns / column order / and columns names. Once tailored, export OLD subsciribers and import to the new database as subscriptions table.

There might be some issues with the key identifier - you need to have some experience with SQL. I am sure you can make it.

(23-Jan-2018, 05:27 PM)Gabe Wrote:  Hello Roman,

I am trying to figure how to migrate subscribers from 2.5 to 3.0

I would appreciate your assistance.

Gabe

(23-Jan-2018, 11:18 PM)Gabe Wrote:  Steven,

Gabe,
It's been some time - my bad I did not write a manual when I was doing it. So I am trying to figure out now.
You have to export OLD [subscribers] table (2.5) into NEW [subscriptions] table (3.2) - different table name. First you have to tailor the old subscribers table so it has same columns / column order / and column names. Once tailored, export OLD [subsciribers] and import to the new database as [subscriptions] table.

The only issues you might experience might be when tailoring table with the key identifier - you need to have some experience with an SQL. I am sure you can make it.