This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Question about renaming folders

Hi, this is my first post; I'm trying Commentics before committing to purchase.  (I can't tell you how much money I've spent the past few weeks for software I really regret buying.)  I thought I'd at least give this a try, first.

My question is about renaming the folder "upload" and "backend".  Do I understand correctly that you want these renamed exactly as stated:  upload = /upload/  and backend = /upload/backend/ ?  (Just add slashes to upload, etc.?)  If I rename upload to /upload/ after it has been sent up to my server via ftp, then renaming it causes it to instantly relocate to the very root /.  (Not even /httpdocs but /.)  If I rename it before sending it up to the server, it sits in place but I cannot install unless I name it back to upload.

So.....  removing those slashes, yes, it's installed and there are tables in the database.  I'm able to login to the admin area.  But it's just "off".  Nothing is appearing when I follow the integration instructions.  But that's probably another topic; first things first.  Can you please explain the purpose for renaming those directories and where, exactly, they are meant to reside in relation to the directory the blog page is in?

Thank you for any help.  I've never had any dealings with blog or comment software before, so I'm coming at this pretty much blind.

Thanks anyway; I kept slogging away at it until I made it work (by adding a var dump string to see what the deal was). Off I go.

(05-Mar-2019, 01:13 AM)IAmGrammy Wrote:  Thanks anyway; I kept slogging away at it until I made it work (by adding a var dump string to see what the deal was).  Off I go.

What was the solution? When I rename the folders, it automatically renames it back to -upload- -upload-backend-

Thank you for your time.