This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

privacy policy window

Hi, 

Very great script, I really appriciate that you still update constantly, it is the only advanced and great comment script which is always updated. 
I figured out everything, I only have 2 questions (I will may have some more later): 

- Is is compatible with PHP 7.3.2 and with Opcache? If it it not fully, will it somehow work without significant problems? 

- Accept privacy policy feature: because of GDPR, this tiny feature is more important for me than it would seem. 
However, the "greyish" window which opens at privacy policy link, cannot be scrolled (I modified your privacy policy at the language file (I created a Hungarian), and it is longer than the screen vertically). 

However, I don't want that solution, I would like to use just this basic html5 required checkbox if possible, I like it very much when Chrome/Firefox exactly shows with an arrow that you should click that checkbox: 

Code:
 <div class=""adat"><input style="transform:scale(1.5);" type="checkbox" required name="terms">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I accept<a href="privacy-policy.html" target="_blank">privacy policy</a> </div>

I put it to form.tpl. The checkbox and the text is shown. But I can send a comment without accepting privacy policy ("required" word doesn't have any effect). With my previous comment script, it worked. 

Would there be a solution that I could make users accept privacy policy with that html5 required checkbox line? 

Or alternatively, how can the privacy policy window can be scrolled vertically? 

Thank you!

And it seems that I would have just one more question after testing it.

Can more than one line break (pressing 2 or 3 enters) can be respected somehow? Respecting lline breaks works very well, but multiple line breaks (when users press 2-3 enters) don't, no "whitespace" is created.

Also: unfortunatley, my license doesn't work at my live site. Unfortunately I entered it at my test server, so it won't accept it at my live site, probably it is checked that somebody (me, at the test site) already entered it.

Thank you!

Hi there,

I've tested Commentics on up to PHP 7.2. I've just taken a look at the changes in PHP 7.3 and I don't forsee any issues. I haven't used OPcache before so I can't say if it will work. What makes you think it wouldn't?

For the privacy modal, it should be showing a scroll bar when the height of it exceeds 500px. Do you have a link to your page so I can see what's happening? Are you sure you have the Privacy feature enabled in 'Settings -> Layout -> Form'? That setting has to be enabled for it to verify that you've ticked it. Also in your code you've put name="terms" but it needs to be name="cmtx_privacy".

Have you translated everything to Hungarian? If so can you share your translation?

It's designed to ignore multiple line breaks because there's typically no need for them. If you want to preserve them then you would need to open /frontend/model/main/form.php and change this code:

PHP Code:
<?php 
if (trim($line)) {
   $paragraphs .= '<p>' . $line . '</p>';
}

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
//if (trim($line)) {
   $paragraphs .= '<p>' . $line . '</p>';
//}

Also I've modified your licence so you should be able to activate it again.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, still no multiple line breaks, but not a huge problem of course. I just always used it, when I reply to multiple person, I usually write, for example:
PETER: reply to him here
and then double line breaks:
JULIA: reply to him here after double line breaks.
But I can solve it other way, too.

Not all of the text is translated, only what I use, but OK, I will finish the frontend translation, and share with you in 1-2 weeks, when I finished evertyhing about migrating to Commentics and to php 7.3. It is in my Google Calendar now.

So, about PHP 7.3.2:
a strange thing is happening.
Commentics seems to be working perfectly both frontend and backend. However, if I open 30 pages of my site, 28 of them are perfect but at 2, I get "Program cannot be run" error. This is a hosting provider message. This 2 pages remain "program cannot be run" despite of refreshing at browser, until I switch back to 7.0.33. At 7.0.33, evertyhing is perfect again. If I swich again to 7.3.2, 28 pages are perfect again, but now at another 2 page I get "program cannot be run" error. The 2 pages which didn't work previously, now work, there are completely different 2 pages which don't work.

Maybe it is not Commentics error, but hosting provider error. I contacted them, maybe they have a log file aobut it (php_error.log shows nothing) or if they have any idea why it is. However, I don't expect them to have a useable answer. If yes, I will share with you.

(Opcache is fine).

Privacy: maybe it is a JavaScript error, not commentics error. There is a scrollbar, but it cannot be scrolled. I sent you in private message if it is OK.

The code I posted above only affects new comments, not previous ones. Does it not work for new comments?

Okay I'll take a look at your PM later today.

Thanks!

Unfortunatley not, no 2-3-4-5, etc. line breaks are created, but not a huge problem.
Update on PHP 7.3: the hosting provider replied, problem was the memory limit. It seems it needs more memory than PHP 7.0. Increasing from 128 mb to 192 mb, every page works.
So, I can confirm that Commentics works with PHP 7.3 (but maybe in some cases it needs at least 192 mb of memory, but it can be just for my site, which is huge)

Hi I had a look at your site and the reason the privacy modal is behind the overlay is because a lot of the div containers that you've put Commentics into have 'position: relative' styling. If you change them to 'position: static' everything works great.

In any case the second checkbox (the one that you've added) appears to work fine. It successfully stops the user from posting unless it's ticked. So if that's your preferred solution then I recommend to go with that and just ignore the modal issue.

I don't recall changing it, but thank you very much!
.cmtx_overlay
position:
changing to relative did the trick!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 01:22 PM