This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

User's thorn

Being just a Guy with a few websites and forums I tend to look at things from a user's point of view. This script is heavy on spam prevention and security, which is a good thing, but it also runs the risk of turning off legitimate users when challenges are compounded and seem to be unnecessary. For example, when a user previews their post the challenge question and Captcha are once again required before posting the previewed message. IMO this is an unnecessary and unexpected hoop for the user to jump through.

That's a decent point. I want to say that I didn't intentionally write the script so that users have to re-enter the anti-spam fields following a preview. It's simply how the code worked after I added it. I will look into not requiring it once completed successfully. In such a case, do you think that the two fields should be totally removed from display or perhaps less subtlety the required symbols could be removed? Also, are there any other ways in which the script runs the risk of turning off legitimate users?

Have you completed the interview?

Removing seems to be the best way for me. Also, perhaps the preview doesn't need captcha+question validation, just a js preview (already discussed somewhere). Nothing else I can think of...

I'm giving you three guesses...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post