This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Moved to new host - no comments

I have moved my entire web site from Lunarpages to goDaddy. A few days after the LP techs changed the Nameservers, everything suddenly worked. Except for my message boards. They all worked fine on LP a few weeks ago, but not on goDaddy now. 

I downloaded and updated your newest version, following your specific instructions.

The phpMyAdmin database "website_comments" contains all of the correct message data.

<?php
$cmtx_identifier = 'vanshomc';
$cmtx_reference = 'Van's Journal';
$cmtx_path = '/comments/';
require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
?>
shows nothing inside the <td> border.

The first thing is to fix this line:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_reference
= 'Van's Journal';

The single quote between the 'n' and the 's' is breaking the string.

Try using this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_reference
= 'Van\'s Journal';

Secondly please try these FAQs:
https://www.commentics.org/faq/troubleshoot/not-showing
https://www.commentics.org/faq/troubleshoot/errors

Have you completed the interview?

In the HTML, the Van's shows as Van's. However, I have changed it to 'Van\'s Journal';.

I have also added:
echo($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
I have also turned on Error Reporting.

Nothing has changed and it does not report any errors.

The goDaddy cPanel Metrics Error Log shows nothing.

Then, I accidentally discovered an ASCII "error_log" in the file folder of every web page with an external or built-in message option that I clicked on. In 2 pages it said:
[21-Jun-2019 03:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: cmtx_folder in /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/_VA/index_comment.php on line 25
[21-Jun-2019 03:41:24 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_htmlfrontend/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/_VA/index_comment.php on line 25
[21-Jun-2019 03:41:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_htmlfrontend/index.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/_VA/index_comment.php on line 25
or
[21-Jun-2019 03:42:35 UTC] PHP Warning: require(../../../comments/includes/commentics.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/_VA/CA/JT/2017/JT17.php on line 152
[21-Jun-2019 03:42:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../../../comments/includes/commentics.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/_VA/CA/JT/2017/JT17.php on line 152

Try changing this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_path
= '/comments/';

To this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder
= '/comments/';

When you added that 'echo' line above, it would have displayed this:

/home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_htmlfrontend/index.php

After making the latest change that I suggested, it should display this:

/home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/comments/frontend/index.php

Okay, it did display /home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/comments/frontend/index.php
but nothing else (No message board).

No ASCII "error_log" appeared in the file folder.

However, the Dashboard says "There are errors that need attention soon".
When I click on that I see an enormous load of errors that apparently overwhelmed the Dashboard. When I click on Reset, it says
"Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource /comments/VansPages/index.php does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Additionally, a 413 Request Entity Too Large error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

It refuses to delete them.??

Okay just empty the file using your FTP application. The file is:

/system/logs/errors.log

Again, it did display "/home/bxxp9mfyzxyn/public_html/comments/frontend/index.php"
but nothing else (No message board).

BTW, I am in your Donor list as Van B and yet 5WX562098H285082P does not work as a licence number.

Okay the suggestion to empty your error log was just so that you can view the errors properly within your admin area and be able to use the Reset button again.

To fix how Commentics isn't showing I'll need to investigate it myself so if you can PM me your FTP details and admin area credentials I'll be able to figure out what's happening.

Thanks for your donation in 2015. This was before the licence system existed and even now donations are separate to the licence system. Where did you get '5WX562098H285082P' from?

Sorry. If that was not the licence number, I don't know what it was. It was in a comment attached to a PayPal sale on 7/3/15:
"[email address removed] Completed 5WX562098H285082P Payment".

By PM, I assume you mean Facebook PM. Can you define what you mean by "FTP details and admin area credentials"?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gabe
24-Oct-2017, 03:24 PM