This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Lord only knows!!

I have just installed/integrated as accurately as I can, pretty successfully I thought, but some manner of disgusting problem has arisen? Yes, Lady Luck has once more vomited on my Eiderdown. I am powerless to thwart this blight, perhaps someone on here will help stop the rot?
Here is the report:

This report shows the most recent call to home and why it failed

But no, I cannot show you the report, folly, it is copious amounts of code that I cannot copy and paste or even screen print. Where do we go from here?

Please help
Wackers

You should be able to copy and paste it. Paste it into a text file and attach the text file here.

Have you completed the interview?

I have attached said text file.
Cheers
Wackers

Attached Files
.txt log1.txt Size: 14.88 KB  Downloads: 13

You have something called BitNinja installed on your server and it's interfering with the request.

Can you try this and let me know if it works?

1. Open the file /system/library/home.php

2. Find all of these (should be about 6):
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

3. Add this after each one:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 5);

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have completed the above as directed. There is still some issue. I will attach log.

I think I will have to strip and start again as I haven't the feintest idea what "the request" means. Whether it is part of the installation or some function that is failing after that point.
I am grateful for your assistance.
Wackers

Attached Files
.txt log2.txt Size: 4.6 KB  Downloads: 13

A request is just terminology for when a computer makes "a call" to another computer. In this case your server to my server. My server then sends back a response. I don't advise starting again as it wouldn't resolve anything.

According to your latest log, the request is timing out. So in the same file I suggest changing all of the following:

PHP Code:
<?php 
curl_setopt
($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10);

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
curl_setopt
($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30);

Afterwards, if it's still timing out, you'll need to contact your host. Explain to them that you have an open source script called Commentics, it's trying to do a cURL request to 'https://www.commentics.org/version.txt' but your server has an application called BitNinja which is interfering. If you send them the image that I attached earlier that will help to explain it. They might be able to whitelist the 'commentics.org' domain.