This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Twist on the 'mismatching data' issue

I'll start with a 'thanks' for a great plugin! Really, I appreciate your hard work on this for the benefit of others.

I am having 2 issues (should I post them separately?) which I would like some advice on, if possible.

1. Every time I submit a comment here: http://www.cliffspools.com/reviews.php I am immediately banned for 'mismatching data'. I searched the forum and others seem to have this issue as well. I look for the relevant line in /comments/includes/functions/processor.php but couldn't find it by searching. Perhaps this fix was for an earlier version of the script?

http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...ching+data

Even after I delete all cookies, I get the 'mismatching data' error.

2. Some of the fields are not needed for my application. How do I remove the 'town' field and edit other fields on the form? I'd actually like to remove the 'question' field entirely as well.

Again, thanks for your hard work. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Update: I now see (embarrassing) that on the Form Settings page you can edit which elements of the form appear. But how do I edit things like the submit button... which I want to say 'Submit Review' rather than comment. Where it currently says 'Country' I want it to say 'Location'.

So, I solved part of the 2nd question but I still need a bit of help with the tweaks as well as problem number 1.

Hi,

Firstly thanks for your gratitude, it's always nice to receive positive feedback.

1. I think it's likely that you added or removed a form field after the form loaded and before its submission. This would result in the mismatching data ban. You should try it again now because I just attempted to submit a comment without entering anything and I didn't get banned at all. This is one of the reasons why the checklist recommends to utilize the admin detection feature as then you wouldn't get banned while modifying the form fields during the testing of the script.

2. The form labels and buttons can be edited in the following file:
/comments/includes/language/english/form.php

Let me know if there is anything else that you are having a problem with.

Have you completed the interview?

As your page has quite a narrow width you might want to decrease the column size of the comment field.

Layout -> Form -> Sizes/Maximums

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
23-Nov-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Nov-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-Apr-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post by zifzif
03-Jul-2012, 02:24 AM