This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Extensions/Themes

Hello,

I need some advice with the settings at 'Extensions/Themes' due to compatibility issues with a social media buttons script (Share Buttons).

I need the share buttons to display above the comments script.

This is only successful when AutoDetect is unchecked and JQuery is set to 'No, I load it myself.'

In any other combination, if the share buttons are located above the comments script in the HTML, then they won't display, and error messages appear in the browser console.

Since that setting combination wasn't the default, I am wondering if there are any considerations to keeping it that way, and anything I should keep in mind.

Thanks for your help,

Neo

Hi Neo,

I believe the 'No, I load it myself' option is already the default? Then AutoDetect is enabled so that the first time the page is loaded, Commentics can try to work out whether the 'No, I load it myself' option is the correct one. AutoDetect never runs again after that unless you instruct it to. Does AutoDetect change the 'No, I load it myself' option to something else for you? There might be one or two cases where it gets it wrong but on the whole I think it works because I've noticed a big drop in jQuery related problems since it was added.

Have you completed the interview?