This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Unable to install module Extractor.zip

Hello to all.

As a new user, I upgraded and tried to install the Extractor.zip file and received an error stating that "There is no upload folder inside the zip file.". I unzipped the file and found unlike the other modules, there is no "upload" directory. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, the Extractor module is unlike the other modules in that it's not designed to be installed using the extension installer. If you open the README.txt file it has some instructions inside about how to use it. Any further issues just let me know.

Have you completed the interview?

Steven,

Thanks for the info. Quick question, I have Commentics and my website running on two seperate domains. Does the code go into the website domain or the Commentics domain?

Thanks for all your help

Okay so you're using the iFrame integration? For this you'll need to upload the two files, extractor.php and extractor.js, to your Commentics domain so that they're in the same location as the config.php and embed.js files. Then add the below HTML to the page on your website domain where you're wanting it to show:

In the head tag:
Code:
<script src="http://your-commentics-domain.com/your-commentics-folder/extractor.js"></script>

In the body tag:
Code:
<div id="commentics-extractor" data-cmtx-type="newest-comments" data-cmtx-identifier="1"></div>

Set the value of the 'data-cmtx-identifier' attribute to the page identifier that you're wanting to extract the data from. And change the value of the 'data-cmtx-type' attribute to the type of information you're wanting, for example 'liked-comments'. The full list is in the read me file.

Thanks again Steven for all your help. If i'm using the wordpress plugin for Commentics (which is php based) I assume that I would place the extractor.php in the Commentics and no other changes would be necessary. Correct?

The WordPress plugin uses the iFrame integration so you'll need to upload extractor.php and extractor.js to your Commentics domain as described above.