This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Login to comment

This may not be the place to post this and if that is the case, please move the thread to where it should be.

I noticed the option in the FAQ about forcing someone to login to comment and after having added that portion of the code into the integration area, it did in face prevent the form from being  displayed. It did not however have a link or anything else to point the user to login.  Am I supposed to set this up on my own or do I tell commentics somewhere in the settings to look for members user data?

You can change the text of the message "You must be logged in to post" by following the guide below. In the message you could add a link to your login page.
https://www.commentics.org/changing-the-text

You'll have to write the logic yourself to determine whether to add the $cmtx_logged_in variable to your integration code. You'll just need to wrap it in an if statement.

Have you completed the interview?

Changing the text and adding a link to the login page would not be a problem...it's the rest of the code that would be the problem. I'll give a try but will probably end up leaving it the way it is with no login required.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Sep-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jan-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post by noblues
08-Mar-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post by Max_Power
30-Nov-2012, 09:29 PM