This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Folder Permissions

I recently uploaded the commentics files to a raspberry pi server I set up and had no trouble getting it installed. When I went through the steps shown on the in dashboard page, it showed that all the folders needing write permissions did not have permissions except for the config.php file. I tried changing the CHMOD on the server to 777 but that did not fix the problem.  Now I am getting an error message when trying to confirm a subscription...the error message is "Error: Could not save cache for main/user!"

How do I fix this or is it a problem with the raspberry pi server. Thanks.

try 755 and see if that works

Thanks marcparish...I tried that with no success. I'm baffled as to why this is happening.

It could be to do with the ownership of the folders/files. For example if PHP is trying to create the file using the owner 'www-data' but you uploaded the folders/files using a different owner then some servers can be very strict about that. I'm not familiar with Raspberry Pi though so that's the most that I can advise.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks Steven. I don't know what "ownership of the folders/files" means, but I will google it and see if that fits this situation. I have also posted on the raspberrypi.org forum about the problem. Perhaps they can figure it out.