This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Login

Hallo,

Unfortunately I have the same problem:

Everything seemed to work great on the install, but when I try to log in to the admin panel it just keeps coming back to the login form. If I type in the wrong password it does give me that error. The program otherwise is working great and accepts submissions. Any idea why I can't log in?

Although I have given a htaccess in the root, but there is not all pages refer to / index.php.

Where could there still be problems?

Thank you and best regards,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have attached the file responsible for the login to the admin panel. I have added some debugging to the file so I can find out exactly where the problem is. Can you download the file and overwrite your /comments/renamed_admin/includes/auth.php file with the one I have attached. Then try to log in and post here the results. Before you try to log in, can you close your web browser, then open it again.

Attached Files
.php auth.php Size: 10.24 KB  Downloads: 26

Have you completed the interview?

Also, just a quick question, are you using an IP address as your domain name?

(21-Oct-2012, 08:14 PM)Steven Wrote:  Also, just a quick question, are you using an IP address as your domain name?

Hi Steven, thanks a lot for the help!
I dont using an IP address as my domain name.

The results:

OK1
OK2
OK3
OK4
OK5
OK6
OK7
OK8
Warning: session_write_close(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_475f8e89c38825b9dc77f630b35c3377, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/****/****/********/comments/start/includes/auth.php on line 97 Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in /hermes/****/****/*******/comments/start/includes/auth.php on line 97 OK9
OK10
OK11
OK12
OK13
OK14

Ok so what's happening is the script is trying to write the session data in a directory on the server. That directory needs to exist and be writable. It's trying to write in this directory:

/var/php_sessions/

.. but it appears that the directory does not exist.

To solve this, either:

1. Create the directory and make sure it's writable.
2. Change the session.save_path value of your php.ini file to point to a directory that exists and is writable.

This is something which your host should have set up correctly for you. If you tell your host about this then they will fix it.

(22-Oct-2012, 09:56 AM)Steven Wrote:  Ok so what's happening is the script is trying to write the session data in a directory on the server. That directory needs to exist and be writable. It's trying to write in this directory:

/var/php_sessions/

.. but it appears that the directory does not exist.

To solve this, either:

1. Create the directory and make sure it's writable.
2. Change the session.save_path value of your php.ini file to point to a directory that exists and is writable.

This is something which your host should have set up correctly for you. If you tell your host about this then they will fix it.

Thank you so much!

Now it works!

Hi there,

I get this

OK1
OK2
OK3
OK4
OK5
OK6
OK7
OK8