This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Does additional admins get sent emails?

I added a second admin and even though I get emails notifying me of comments that need approval, does any admin in the list also get the emails too?  Or do they go to the primary accounts email address (me)?

Even though I'm the primary admin for the account, adding another admin was so that he could monitor the comments, my job is only to make sure the site that contains the comments form and the comments system is working fine, I really don't have anything to do with the business that the website is for, I only maintain it, including any plugins.  The business manager is the one that should have email notifications of comments being posted, not me, I have admin access so that I can correct anything that may go wrong.

So, is there a way that any admins in the admin list also get email notifications?

Yes all admins are able to receive new comment emails, providing they have enabled to receive them in 'Settings -> Administrator'.

Have you completed the interview?

When you create an admin, the admin by default is subscribed to all of the types of emails in 'Settings -> Administrator'.

(09-Jun-2022, 08:18 AM)Steven Wrote:  When you create an admin, the admin by default is subscribed to all of the types of emails in 'Settings -> Administrator'.

That's weird, because I added an admin sometime a go, and just recently I got an email notification that a comment requires approval, but the other admin didn't get the email.

(09-Jun-2022, 08:13 AM)Steven Wrote:  Yes all admins are able to receive new comment emails, providing they have enabled to receive them in 'Settings -> Administrator'.

Settings -> Administrator is only for the primary admin (me), there is no other option for other admins to receive emails.

The only way that seems to work, is to setup a mail rule that forwards the notification to the other admin via my email provider.

(09-Jun-2022, 09:27 AM)usalabs Wrote:  Settings -> Administrator is only for the primary admin (me), there is no other option for other admins to receive emails.

The fields in 'Settings -> Administrator' apply to whichever admin is logged in. So when you view that page, the fields only apply to you and when the other person views that page the fields only apply to them. So I was saying that they might have disabled something on that page. You could check the admins database table to confirm.

(09-Jun-2022, 09:27 AM)usalabs Wrote:  That's weird, because I added an admin sometime a go, and just recently I got an email notification that a comment requires approval, but the other admin didn't get the email.

It could be a deliverability issue. I'd suggest checking your SMTP logs, and have them check their spam folder. Also, as above, check the admins database table to see if they've enabled to receive the email and check that their email address is correct.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
10-Sep-2012, 03:39 PM