This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Please include these few features?
Smile 

Hello everyone, this is another newbie on the forum.

First of all. let me say this is really an awesome script. I have scanned dozens now on the net and this seems really to go a long way! It appears slick and easy to style (integration I am not so sure yet since I am not a programmer at a all and sure need a lot of support on that)

I really like the simple focus on what it should be (rather than going wild like so many other scripts do)

That said, I'd love to see some feature included. I am happy to pay for the feature integration and maybe someone here can help out. I am not sure if I should ask like this. I f not, please don't crucify me, OK! Thanks!

Anyways, here is my wish-list:
A. Allow adding up to 5 rating categories for a topic, like
1. design
2. functionality
3. service
4. response time
5. content
(or whatever, of course)

B. Have a "thumbs up/down" feature added to the comments where readers of a comment can vote the comment helpful or not helpful … or alike.
C. Have review categories, like;
⁃ following the same sequence like the menu / submenu / sub-submenu … etc.
D. Have a review archive that allows filtering reviews following the categories, rather than having all reviews in one long page and only filtered by title, date, etc.,

Thanks a lot for your support Smile

Hi,

I'm trying to understand what you mean. Instead of a single rating field, you would like several of them? How do you want to display the results?

There is already a "thumbs up/down" feature for each comment.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven. Uhm, sorry, I didn't really explain myself smart enough. - ...
--
In admin, you may have the chance to create "rating topics" and "group any of them to a maximum of, say 5.
So you may have 8 rating topics and choose topic; 1,2,3,6,7 to be displayed in one location (page) and then, say; 2,4,5,8 together on another page.
The admin will count every rating for each "rating topic" and then also provide an average of every "group" rating.
Let's say, like in the 1,2,3,6,7 case, if we got the ratings;
  • rating 1 - 3 stars
  • rating 2 - 3 stars
  • rating 3 - 2 stars
  • rating 6 - 4 stars
  • rating 7 - 5 stars
this group's average then would be a rating of 3.4 (for that page/movie/article etc.), correct?

In the front-end, the review script will then display the individual and the group rating; in a row or list style (as you wish).
-------
and to get really wild on that, the stars may even get extended to ten stars and for a more "in depth" rating.
-------
Uh, I hope I am not too fancy and my explanation makes sense and not ask for too much? Idea Blush

Again - Thanks a lot !

Ok I think I understand now. Something like this?
http://demo.magentocommerce.com/review/p...eview-form

Have you completed the interview?

Oh wow, yes, exactly like this Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
13-Nov-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post by Steven
17-Dec-2010, 07:44 PM