This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

jquery-ui stops working

I created a test page and it works fine but at the top of the page I am
creating a select form with autocomplete using jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.min.js
I am getting an autocomplete is not a function error but only when I turn on (uncomment) commentics if commentics is off then my jquery function works fine. is commentic loading an older version of jquery?

Code:
<link type="text/css" href="/inc/css/le-frog/jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.css" rel="Stylesheet" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="inc/javascript/jquery/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/inc/javascript/jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.min.js"></script>

commentics works fine without my form.
my form works fine without commentics

Hi,

The jQuery file that Commentics uses is located at comments/javascript/jquery.js

It's version 1.2.6 so yes it's an old version.

It may be that you don't need to load it as you are already loading jQuery ealier on in the page or you could try updating v1.2.6 to the new version.

The code that loads jQuery is in comments/includes/template/comments.php, lines 184-186.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

Have you completed the interview?

(19-May-2011, 10:16 AM)Steven Wrote:  The jQuery file that Commentics uses is located at comments/javascript/jquery.js
I changed to the latest version and hoped it wouldnt break commentics...
well commentics worked fine but I still had the same problem.

(19-May-2011, 10:16 AM)Steven Wrote:  It may be that you don't need to load it as you are already loading jQuery ealier on in the page or you could try updating v1.2.6 to the new version.

The code that loads jQuery is in comments/includes/template/comments.php, lines 184-186.
Yes!!! so it looks like even with then new version you have to load jquery-ui in a certain sequence. I commented the three lines out ( it just checks if it needs jquery then loads it ) and all is right with the world.
Thank you,
Norm.

So it works Always in Firefox and k-meleon but if I try it in IE8 it will load comments the first time but if I refresh the page, I get an error. IE8 will load jquery again when you do a refresh it seems. I searched for other calls to jquery and they are under admin so it shouldnt be a problem. Will do some more research. ( the page will refresh fine with commentic disabled in IE8 )

Norm

It has to do with the way IE8 loads ondocument.ready files. so I made functions of all my document.ready stuff and played around to see which one would break the code:
$(document).ready(function(){
autocomplete();
loadmap();
loadform();
stuff();
});
Which worked until I added a goggle map of size 400x400px I couldnt figure out what to do
but I had to resize the map to 300x300px and Voila! it now works in IE8! so the main thing is timing is everything in IE8 and it was taking too long to load the bigger map.

Interesting. I'm glad it's now working in IE8. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Norbs
06-Jun-2011, 10:59 AM