This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

common-jq conflict

Hi
After installing anew version commentics I found I was getting "sortable is not a function" errors from elsewhere on my pages - which used jqueryui sorting. Eventually I resolved the problem by disabling loading of common-jq.min.js, by commenting out the relevant lines in header.php. 

So, (1)  I thought this might be a more common issue  and it wa worh letting you know. (2) I am wonering if there is a better way to achieve the same result.

cheers
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

If you're loading jQuery yourself, you can go to Extensions -> Themes and change the jQuery setting to 'No, I load it myself'.

This will result in Commentics using your website's own jQuery script, instead of loading it twice and causing conflicts.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven
Thanks for the advice. I thought given the way the header.php page was written, there must be some kind of option for this, but I never thought of looking in the threads page. More generally I often find myself searching through multiple pages on the control panel area in ordr to find a given control - I wonder whether an index of topics would help? An FAQ on this jquuery issue might also be usful.,
cheers
Jeremy

Normally, when you first view a page that you've integrated Commentics into, it performs a check and automatically changes the jQuery setting for you, so there's rarely a need to visit those settings:

https://commentics.com/autodetect

At some point I'm going to rewrite the JavaScript so that it doesn't need jQuery at all.

I'll have a think about making it easier to find settings in general.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Thomass
11-Dec-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post by Carluti
09-Jan-2016, 04:26 PM
Last Post by jbsmith
10-Mar-2012, 02:31 AM