This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

deactivate timeago

Hello,

I also use the timeago function on my site independently of Commentics. I have the problem that when I switch to German, commentics always shows me timeago in English on my site. Can I deactivate timeago from commentics? Then my version of timeago would always display the correct language.

Kind regards, Tobi

Hi Tobi,

If you want to turn off timeago in Commentics you can go to Settings -> Layout -> Comments and disable the 'Auto Update' setting under the Date section.

If you mean that you don't want the timeago javascript to be loaded by Commentics, you would also need to go to Extensions -> Themes and disable the Optimize setting, as otherwise it will be included in the combined javascript file that Commentics loads.

Also worth noting that in the latest version, Commentics v4.5, timeago was removed and replaced with a custom solution.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to update now, but I could only update up to 4.4. It tells me there is a newer version, but when I click on it it says "There is no upgrade package available." there.

Am I doing something wrong?

There's a bug with the one-click upgrade feature in v4.4 which means you can't upgrade that way to v4.5.

You'll need to upgrade by uploading the 'changed files' package located here:
https://commentics.com/upgrade

Once you're on v4.5, you'll be able to use the one-click upgrade feature for future versions.

Thanks. Now also works with or without timeago. I only have one problem with the installer, there seems to be a problem with the rights. The message appears "Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation in..."

Is a manual update possibly also possible here?

I forgot to write that the message comes "Your files are at v4.5, but your database is at v4.4.
This likely means that you should run the installer."

Can you also do this manually?

Here's the SQL if you want to run it manually.
Check if you're using a table prefix first. For example in your database the table might be named something like 'cmtx_settings' rather than 'settings'.

Code:
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'field_label', `value` = 'none';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'field_column', `value` = 'multiple';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'field_width', `value` = 'long';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'field_align', `value` = 'center';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'comments', `title` = 'comment_layout', `value` = 'layout_one';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'comments', `title` = 'avatar_shape', `value` = 'square';

DELETE FROM `settings` WHERE `title` = 'auto_detect';
DELETE FROM `settings` WHERE `title` = 'jquery_source';

UPDATE `settings` SET `title` = 'reply_max_depth' WHERE `title` = 'reply_depth';

INSERT INTO `version` SET `version` = '4.5', `type` = 'Upgrade', `date_added` = NOW();

Thanks so much!

Everything worked wonderfully

Has anything changed in user recognition with version 4.5?

So far I have always used:
$cmtx_name = $user_nick;
$cmtx_email = $user_email;
$cmtx_logged_in = $log_status;
$cmtx_language = $speech_obj->language;
$cmtx_identifier = $com_id;
$cmtx_reference = $titel;
$cmtx_folder = '/comments/';
require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

So an assignment was made with the name and email. Now a new user is suddenly created for each post. I can't explain it.

No, no changes were made with how user recognition works.

I've just tested submitting a few comments with the same name and email (provided through the integration code) and only one user is created.