This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Invalid XHTML 1.0 Transitional HTML code
Exclamation 

Hi,

Unfortunately, the comment script produces invalid XHTML 1.0 Transitional HTML code.

You can check this at W3C Validator.

This is bad, because otherwise your script is really great!

Is the production of valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional HTML code in the pipeline?

Best regards,
Michael

Hi,

I'll look into this for the next version. A lot of the errors are due to the 'Scroll Reply' feature, which I didn't write.

Just out of interest, what do you see as the disadvantages of having invalid XHTML?

Have you completed the interview?

I see the following advantages in compliance with the W3C standards:

- shorter load times in most browsers
- better search engine evaluation and search engine crawling
- maximize browser compatibility
- a great future reliability of a website
- possible that this will be another ranking factor for search engines in the future
- valid code as a quality factor for a website and for Commentics Wink

Just out of interest, what do you see as the disadvantages of having valid coding? Big Grin

Some fair points. I don't think there are any disadvantages to having valid coding in general, but in this case the disadvantage is that it will take a fair amount of time to edit the code to be compliant. Anyway I have added it to my roadmap so I will look into it for the next version.

Glad to hear!

Anyway, I would like to say a big compliment to you: Commentics is a really, really great comment script! Even at the paid comment scripts there is almost no better script!

Create valid XHTML code, implement the javascript quote function mentioned in the PM, and install a way to submit comments via Javascript / Ajax (= post a comment without reloading the site) and then you have the best comment script in the World Wide Web! Wink

And believe me, I have tested in recent weeks numerous scripts on my search for the perfect...

The development version I'm working on is now XHTML and CSS compliant.

I am looking forward to it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Methyus
16-Sep-2015, 10:52 PM
Last Post by goppss
06-Jan-2013, 10:26 PM