This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Directory Browsing

Smile sorry i couldn't edit my post. everything is fine but as everything is in the comment folder when i browse to http://mysite.co.uk/comments i can see all the files like recaptcha etc how can i do it so these files cant be viewed by the public etc Smile

I tried changing the permissions of the comments file but i cant access the admin panel then and the comments are glitched. So if you could help that would be cool. As i am just worried in case its a security risk.

Hi,

Inside the /comments/ folder there is a HTML file called index.html. This file also exists in many of the other folders.

On a normal server this file will load and display when trying to view the /comments/ folder in a web browser.

For some reason your server doesn't load and display it, which suggests that your server has not been configured properly, especially in terms of security, by your host.

As a solution to your server not being configured properly, you can try adding the following line of code to the .htaccess file inside the /comments/ folder. This line isn't included by default because some servers do not allow it.

Code:
Options -Indexes

Have you completed the interview?

Another option would be to install the Improved Htaccess add-on. It also has other advantages.

Have you completed the interview?