This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Star Ratings

Hi,

A star ratings feature which uses Ajax is currently being developed. There is further information here. I'd like to find out what you think and whether you feel that it is better than the current method of selecting the rating field in the form and it being displayed for each comment. Please test it and provide feedback.

http://www.commentics.org/beta.php

Have you completed the interview?

Hi,

it looks good.
But my oppinion is, that the method of selecting the rating field in the form and it being displayed for each comment is better.

Thanks for your feedback, at the moment I agree with you.

Have you completed the interview?

I like the idea but would like to know how load times compare to the standard select method.

I think the current one is fine, and I also prefer the method of having the stars shown at each comment.

@tykra, I don't think this script will have any serious increase in terms of load time. The script itself is only a few kb, and the jquery library is already used in the current version of commentics. Besides jquery is hosted from the Google server, a lot of websites load it directly from the Google server. And therefore there is a big chance that jquery is already cached on the pc.