This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Can I do this with JQuery Tabs

Could I have multiple instances of Commentics using these JQuery tabs (LINK) on the same page?

For example I would like a separate comment box for Germany, and one for France and Sweden:
[Image: QdQ2k.jpg]

And would it be possible to filter all comments to one tab:

[Image: 6y78M.jpg]

If it is not possible to do any of these, how complicated would it be to add these features?

thanks.

Hi,

At this moment it would be too difficult to implement this. Currently the administrator (and not the user) chooses which language the text is displayed in, i.e. the user has no control over the language, and also the script doesn't record the language that the comment is written in. Commentics is still quite young in terms of being truly multilingual.

However I plan to make a few improvements for the next version which will make this easier. What I want to do is to change it so that a language parameter can be added to the URL to determine the language. For example, domain.com/page.php?language=german, would display the text in German. When the user adds their comment the script would record that this particular comment was written in German, and if they subscribe to receive email notifications of new comments then the script would record that their subscription is German so their emails would be in German. This would be completely independent for each user, so another user could arrive and view the page in English and receive all their emails in English. Of course, the administrator will be able to choose from the admin panel what language their own admin emails should be.

As the script would know what language each comment was written in, it would be easy to display only the comments for a particular language. For example you could add another URL parameter, domain.com/page.php?comments=german, and it would display all the comments that were written in German.

Would these improvements allow you to implement your jQuery Tabs feature?

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for your reply Steven.

Sorry my post wasn't very clear. I was just using countries to indicate different subjects.

In the tabs, all posters would be using English; In the first tab comments would be about Germany, in the second tab about France and the third about Sweden. And perhaps a tab where all comments could be viewed.

So, there would be three instances of comments on the same page - users would choose which one to view by selecting the relevant tab.

How difficult would this be to implement?

thanks

Ah okay, so you want to categorise the comments.

You would either need a new form field so the user can select which category they are writing about when they add their comment, or a form inside each tab. Commentics isn't designed to be installed more than once so you can't have multiple installations running on the same page.

And if you only use one installation then you would probably need an additional database column in the comments database table to record the category of each comment.

This would be difficult. It's not something which I can provide free support for. You may need to hire a programmer or use a different script.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by moreno84
09-Jun-2016, 12:32 PM