This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

File Changelog

I keep finding myself needing this time-to-time. Another changelog which lists all of the files that have changed would be nice. This would make it easier to upgrade when you have a bunch of edits to the source and don't want to loose it unnecessarily. This would also make it much easier to upgrade several versions if you didn't upgrade every time. Ideally, the changelog would also list the exact changes in each file, but that can be easily done with a diff tool if not included.

I'm giving you three guesses...

(27-Sep-2011, 05:16 PM)Static Wrote:  I keep finding myself needing this time-to-time. Another changelog which lists all of the files that have changed would be nice. This would make it easier to upgrade when you have a bunch of edits to the source and don't want to loose it unnecessarily. This would also make it much easier to upgrade several versions if you didn't upgrade every time. Ideally, the changelog would also list the exact changes in each file, but that can be easily done with a diff tool if not included.

Hey,

I wish there was this too of what files have changed and such, as i don't wish to over-write due to i have edited so many files, code ect.. i get 'A newer version is available.' but don't plan to upgrade any time soon but if there was a much full changelog with file changes (don't mind what lines or such just file names) would be alot better. Or if an upgrade script run told you what files have been changed to the ones already.

Hi,

I can see how this would be helpful. I will try to provide a file changelog for the upcoming v1.7 but if not then definitely for subsequent versions.

Have you completed the interview?

(12-Oct-2011, 06:22 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

I can see how this would be helpful. I will try to provide a file changelog for the upcoming v1.7 but if not then definitely for subsequent versions.

Hi,

Yeah it would be really helpful. I'm running v1.5 at the moment i'm playing the good old "spot the difference" in all the files to the latest version. haha.

something like trac (WordPress demo) would be awesome. Smile

That's a good recommendation Jordann, thanks. I can install Trac very easily on the project's SourceForge page.

Have you completed the interview?

You're welcome, It be more helpful for those who've done a integration with there site and Commentics and can just change the lines of the new release of course if its a whole new file it won't be a problem. But i been trying to compare changes from v1.6 to v1.7 and having to compare each file and sometimes miss a line by mistake and shows error can be confusing at times.