This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Many Pages Parameters

Hi again.
Not sure but I guess this is a little bug.

I wanted to make use of the parameters and added like cmtx_filename or cmtx_title to replace the default parameters for $page_id and $reference.

Now the thing is, it works. What doesn't work, however is the "edit" in admin. The moment I apply some changes like, let's say the parameter cmtx_filename added 'bla_bla_bla.html' and I would change this to Bla Bla Bla, then the next time I visit this page again, the system would add the same page again as another new page.

Hence as of now, it would be better to "Not" add the edit options to the admin since it only causes problems and every time I delete/change and reset the the DB the system would just continue to keep adding the same page over and over...!

Conclusion: The parameters cannot be used since I don't like to be stuck with the automatic fill the system gives my. Indeed, I'd like to change it to some more "readable" format. As a result, I go back to "manually" add the ID and Reference to every page I add the code (not a big deal since this is a manual task anyway... I just need to keep "manually track of all the pages... which can become a little cumbersome when you hit the 100+ pages )
Quote:a solution I could think of, that's only me, OK, is that once the page is recognized by the system the first time (time-stamp) - after the values are being edited in the admin section, then the system should always accept the values at the lates date. In other words, no matter how often I change these values, the system should just always accept the latest changes. but as said, I am not a programmer and have no idea if that time-stamp thing could work
Undecided

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by archym
02-Jul-2011, 02:29 PM