This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Akismet

There is some sort of anti-spam plugin called Akismet. Apparently, It's very good. I don't know much about it, but I'm pretty sure that a large amount of users would like it to be included. I know of several comment scripts that support this plugin, so it is possible to integrate it, in my opinion. Do you know about this plugin? How hard would it be to integrate?

I'm giving you three guesses...

Yes I'm familiar with the plugin although I've never used it myself. I don't know how hard it would be to integrate.

As you know, Commentics has built-in spam filtering which I personally believe will catch the vast majority of spam.

Considering that, I think it's fair that I'll only consider adding Akismet if at least one person comes forward and says that the built-in spam filtering isn't working.

Have you completed the interview?

Well, considering I can write something like
Code:
askjd jkash
and it passes, I'll say that the built in spam filter doesn't workWinkBig Grin.

That's not spam, it's just someone being an idiot. In my experience people don't submit gibberish. They'd rather do something that's beneficial to them, like advertising their pills.

Besides, do you know that Akismet would even flag that?

If you have an actual problem with people submitting gibberish then that's different.

That was a joke. Didn't I already write I don't know about Akismet? Your spam filter is good enough. It's just that I think that people might choose one thing over the other, just because of [gimmicky?] things like Akismet.

I'm sure people will request Akismet now and again but I'm going to ask each person whether they actually need it or not.

During the development of Commentics I spent a lot of time studying a forum which had a big problem with spam. I made notes of all the words and phrases they were using until I knew that every single post they were submitting would be caught by Commentics.

I sort of regret making this thread now Undecided. I thought that you would understand that it was a joke.
Your anti-spam filter is very good. I just wanted to know your thoughts on this (which I got). Oh well, Now that things are sorted out about this, I guess this could be closed. I'm waiting for that 1.1 release so that this script could get some more attention. No hard feelings, I hope.

Where you playing around with the enabled fields? I couldn't add a smiley from the menu.