This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

The problem with the link in the response

I have a small problem trying to solve. When the admin panel to answer a comment and I want to put in a link in your reply, this is manifested in response to words like:

http://www.mysite.com/blog/ \ http://www.websitex5.com/en/ \

An example of this is on page: blog comments problem link

Now, my mind then that this insertion site and left slashes. I tried inserting the code directly link in <> and labeling text and chain, the same happens.

Also when I want to put in his answer quotes "" to be manifested on the site as a \ \ \ "example \ \ \" and if you repeat the answer several times, each time new ones are added slashes.

Do you have a similar experience, and very mean to me each of your help because this is a great software for the comments!

Hi,

Please see this FAQ:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=29

Have you completed the interview?

(31-Jan-2012, 05:36 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Please see this FAQ:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=29

I checked the php.ini and provides:

magic_quotes_gpc On On
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off

does that mean to me the only way through .htacces edit this file?

Can you edit the php.ini so that magic_quotes_gpc is off? Editing the php.ini is better, but if you can't then try the .htaccess method.

(31-Jan-2012, 07:10 PM)Steven Wrote:  Can you edit the php.ini so that magic_quotes_gpc is off? Editing the php.ini is better, but if you can't then try the .htaccess method.

Steven, i want to thank you for their generous help, because i solved the problem by turning off "magic quotes" with the links!

Excluding these items in the php.ini file on the server i still solve some other problems. Does not this something broken off in terms of security?

Thanks

Disabling Magic Quotes is only a security risk if you have other scripts installed which rely on it being enabled. I would be surprised if that's the case because some servers have it enabled and others don't, so only a bad programmer would rely on it. Also, Magic Quotes is deprecated (disapproved) in PHP 5.3 and completely removed in PHP 6.

Yes, since my script on the old hosting PHP 5.3, there is not working properly, while the new work without problems. However, your suggestions helped me to jump that hurdle and move on. Once again i wish to express my satisfaction with the use of your software!

I would have one more question: do you perhaps comment on the new version?

Perhaps you might prefer to develop software in the direction of the publication of news + comments (almost all solutions in one place). Shy

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion but Commentics will always be a comments script. I would rather have a great comments script than an average 'news + comments' script.

Yes, i agree.

I have another problem after these changes. Now when I want to change the admin panel to keep comments and do not accept change. By clicking "update" to indicate a green "Comment updated" but the text and admin "reply" do not change in any site

Sad

Why is this?

Do you mean that when you edit the Comment field and the Reply field on the Edit Comment page and click Update, the content does not get updated and stays the same? And this was working okay before you disabled Magic Quotes, or has it always not worked? What web browser are you using? Have you tried this FAQ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
03-Dec-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post by Steven
20-Aug-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post by TheEditor
07-Apr-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Mar-2012, 05:00 PM