This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

"will not be published" appears next to name

The text "will not be published" appears next to the Name field instead of the Email field. How can I reposition this text?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site?

Have you completed the interview?

Here you go. This is where I'm developing.

http://www.whereismybartender.com/zbt_comments/

Thanks.

Jim

In your website's stylesheet, you have this:

Code:
input, select {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 10px;
    margin-top: 3px;
}

If you remove the float then it works.

Removing it also fixes a few other things like the position of the audio button for the captcha, and the position of the 'Enter characters' text. (Also I think you only need a size of 3 for the captcha input, not 33.)

Otherwise you will have to clear the float after every input by opening includes/template/form.php and adding something like this <div style="clear:left"> after each input.

I don't find it obvious to click the 'Add Comment' text to open the form. The newer versions of Commentics has this feature built-in and it's a lot clearer because it displays a proper hyperlink saying 'Open the form'. There are also some security improvements in the newer version.

Thanks for your reply, Steven. I am using version 1.8 and did not find the code in the stylesheet. Checking the website I find there have been a couple of new versions since I installed 1.8. I will check for the elements you've suggested to see if I can fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll upgrade to version 2.1.

Thanks again for your help. I so appreciate it.

Jim

It's in whereismybartender.com/zbt_comments/css/style.css (line 105)

Steven, thank you for your help. When I made the change, I was skeptical that removing the one line of code would correct the problems, but it did. When I opened up the website after making the change, it was like magic. Also, I shortened the text box for the chaptcha characters, and it looks much better.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance.

Jim