This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Commentics implemented

Here is a website that I made which includes the comment script. http://www.colourfantasy.com

I used Commentics v1.1, the arbitrary id add-on, the custom stylesheet which I made, and several tweaks to the back-end, and other parts of the script.

The site itself is still being worked on. The guestbook is also subject to replacement with Commentics.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not the owner of the website. I made it for a person I know.

I'm giving you three guesses...

That's a good implementation of the script! Well done.

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. The asterisk for the comment field is on the next line in Firefox (screen resolution: 1366 x 768). This can be fixed by increasing the width value in this part of the CSS stylesheet:
Code:
.label {
float: left;
width: 90px;
}

2. When I click Add Comment or Preview, I have to click the "click here for comments" link to look at the comment section again. For example if I enter my comment and click preview, the page then reloads but I can't see the preview of the comment until I click that link. Is that intentional?

Have you completed the interview?

Glad you liked it!

1. Thanks, I fixed it.

2. That is sort of intentional. The purpose of that page is to view the picture, not the comments. I'll work on that a little.

Yeah it's on the same line now, however the gap is really big. I edited your stylesheet using the Firefox add-on 'Web Developer' and 105px is a perfect fit for my screen. That's just my computer though. The most popular screen size is 1024x768 so it's probably best to design for that.

Have you completed the interview?

105px it is. Thank you for helping. New version of the arbitrary id add-on has been uploaded to the tickets.

Don't forget to check out the whole site. It is, after all, to showcase the paintings. And the comment script too Smile.

I installed Wordpress on it about two months ago. If you want to check it out: http://www.colourfantasy.com/wordpress/
The custom theme took a little while to get down, but it was worth it. The comment system will be changed as soon as 1.3 comes out, because the current version conflicts with Wordpress's functions. There are interesting poems on there that help explain some of the pictures.

Nice design
Congrats !!

Site's down for an indefinite amount of time. Don't know how long it will last, or if it's permanent.

Sad

Very nice looking website, my compliments Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 08:47 AM