This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Is this possible to setup?
Question 

I'm going to create a button and on the button I'm going to make it say Add a Testimonial. Below the button is where I want the testimonials to show up. When they click the add a testimonial button I want it to direct them to another page that lets them fill out there testimonial and when they click submit, give them basic information that its been submitted and is waiting for approval and then after 5 seconds I would like it if it would redirect them back to the testimonial page.

How would I set this up?

Hi,

Unfortunately that's not how Commentics works. The 'comments' and the 'form' have to be on the same page.

I'm sure it would be possible with a lot of changes but that's outside of the support I can provide.

You may have more luck asking this to a freelance programmer.

Have you completed the interview?

Well crap. I love commentics. Problem is the form takes up so much space I can't get very many comments on the page. If I could get the form on it's own page I could get so many more comments.

I seen this thread. http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...t=comments

Tried it and got a error.

There has to be a way to separate the form from the comments.

Can you give me something I can try that might work?

What version are you using? Also, do you need the reply feature?

There's a setting to hide the form in Layout -> Form -> General. Did you try that?

(03-Oct-2012, 12:14 PM)Steven Wrote:  What version are you using? Also, do you need the reply feature?

There's a setting to hide the form in Layout -> Form -> General. Did you try that?

I'm using one version back from the newest. I don't need the reply feature these are going to be testimonials. I know I can hide the form but then no one can enter in a new testimonial. If I create a button at the top of the page that says add testimonial and they click it then it redirects them to another page with the form and they enter in the testimonial hit submit and then it says your testimonial is waiting approval and then after 5 seconds it redirects back to the comments page that would work the best.

This is how it looks now. http://www.dan-tech-computing.com/testimonials.php

They can still enter a new testimonial. They click a link to "unhide" the form.

Anyway, if that's not an option, I'll try to develop your solution later today if I get time. I'll post back here.

Ok thanks Steven. I really appreciate it.

I just wanted to check to see if you had anytime to look into this yet or if you made any progress.

Thanks

I'm working on a solution to this. In the meantime, please read the forum rules about being patient and PM'ing the admin. Thanks.

I sincerely apologize.