This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Weird encoding problem (only back-end)

Hi,
I have a weird problem about encoding.
I am using Commentics system on a Turkish website (fxrehber.com) that was coded in HTML5.

At the front-end everything seems normal but at the admin panel my comments look like as in the image.
(Same problem in the database and the source code of the page too..)

[Image: h2pxw.jpg]
[Image: h2q07.jpg]

Can you help me?

Hi,

I see what you mean. When someone posts a comment, Commentics uses htmlentities which converts absolutely everything it can, including characters like ö, ç and ü. It may be better to use htmlspecialchars instead, which converts only the things that really need converting, like < and >. The main place to change this would be in the cmtx_sanitize function in /comments/includes/functions/page.php, however there are several other places that also need changing, so I'll need to look into this and do some testing and hopefully fix this for the next version of Commentics.

Have you completed the interview?

(20-Dec-2012, 06:50 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

I see what you mean. When someone posts a comment, Commentics uses htmlentities which converts absolutely everything it can, including characters like ö, ç and ü. It may be better to use htmlspecialchars instead, which converts only the things that really need converting, like < and >. The main place to change this would be in the cmtx_sanitize function in /comments/includes/functions/page.php, however there are several other places that also need changing, so I'll need to look into this and do some testing and hopefully fix this for the next version of Commentics.

Hi Steven,
Thanks for the reply.
I checked that file and saw the function, but I don't think to modify that code. I'll wait the next version. Actually I am not sure how to upgrade to the next version because I modified many many files but maybe I'll find a way after I see the new files.

At least everything seems ok at the front-end right now and I hope It doesn't cause me a problem..
Thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
03-Dec-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post by Steven
20-Aug-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post by Steven
16-Oct-2017, 08:11 AM
Last Post by Steven
27-Mar-2012, 05:00 PM