This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Question Setting

Hi!
I have Layout=>Form=>Enabled Question checked. But the question is not showing up on the form.

Perhaps it's related to another problem I can't figure out: Whatever I try to test as a comment it returns an error message that I already submitted that comment when I clearly haven't.

Hope you can help.
Thanks!

Yes, it's probably related. It sounds like you have a session problem.

When you answer the Question and you click Preview, it's not meant to show the Question again (assuming you answered it correctly). This is because it knows that you've just completed it. The Question won't show again until after you submit the comment. If you click Preview but you never submit the comment, the Question won't show, even if you go to another website and then come back later. This is because it stores that you've completed it in a session. If you restart your web browser and the Question shows, then everything is working as it should. If there is still an issue, then it will be due to your website's session not working properly. Make sure that you added this at the very top of your page:

PHP Code:
<?php
session_start
();
ob_start();
?>

Also, ensure that you have cookies enabled in your web browser.

Have you completed the interview?

I had Firefox cookies enabled and commentics previews (in the form) disabled. It was a session problem because after closing all the browser tabs that had my pages open, it worked fine when i reopened them. Thanks... I didn't know sessions could get messed up like that.

I tried again, and the first comment worked fine but the second gave me the same problem. How do I find out what's messing up the sessions?

Yeah, I forgot to include that the Question also won't show if you click 'Add Comment' but there's an error message.

So just to clarify, the Question returned after you submitted the first comment, but when you tried to submit a second comment it showed the "You have submitted this comment. Please submit a new comment." error message?

Can you open the source code of your page and look for this line (the value will be different):

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="cmtx_resubmit_key" value="34yssmgvy5vl0yvkfy2l"/>

- Is the value a random 20 character string like the one above?

- Does the value change each time that you refresh the page?

- What does the value look like straight after you submit a comment?

It might be worth uploading the example.php file from the download package and testing with that, just to rule out an integration issue.

When you do this, make sure that you have error reporting switched on.

It would also help if you let me see your website. You can PM me the URL.

So I'm still getting that "You already submitted that comment message" unless I close and reopen my browser.

The value in the line:
<input type="hidden" name="cmtx_resubmit_key" value="34yssmgvy5vl0yvkfy2l"/>[/code]

does change every time i try to submit a comment.

- Is the value a random 20 character string like the one above?
Yes.

- Does the value change each time that you refresh the page?
Yes

- What does the value look like straight after you submit a comment?
similar to the above.

It might be worth uploading the example.php file ... to rule out an integration issue.

That example worked fine. But in the integration code it uses $cmtx_page_id = "1";
because it's a static page whereas I use
$cmtx_page_id = "cmtx_url";
because i use dynamic pages.

The error log showed:
Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /home/.../public_html/.../copyright.php on line 11

But lines 10-12 have nothing on them.

It would also help if you let me see your website. You can PM me the URL.
I'll pm you now.

Thanks,
Jake.

ok. here's the problem and the solution.
I can only enter one comment. If I try to enter a second comment I get a message that says I already submitted that comment even though it's a new and different comment.

Solution:

The integration instructions for commentics said to add the lines
PHP Code:
<?php 
session_start
(); // Start php session.
ob_start(); // Code for Commentics.
at the very top of the page.

I happen to be using security software (that can block access pages or parts thereof unless the user enters a password) called Sitelok by vibralogix.com. That software requires the following lines

PHP Code:
<?php 
$groupswithaccess
='PUBLIC';
require_once(
"slpw/sitelokpw.php") ;

to be added at the top of the page as well.

When the lines for Commentics is before the lines for Sitelok, that's when the problem occurs. But if the lines for Commentics (including the line to start the session) immediately follow the lines for Sitelok, it all seems to work fine.

Thanks.
Hope this helps someone someday,
Jake

Glad you got it resolved, Jake. Thanks for posting back with the problem/solution.

could somebody point me to the file that commentics gets the antispam questions for? I would like to translate them to another language. Thanks

yeap ... disregard that ... found them in the settings area of the admin panel .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
16-Aug-2020, 07:10 PM