This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

REGEX

Hello,

Thank you for the huge ammount of time you devoted to make commentics and to help the forum users.

There may be a bug in your program code concerning the username, inter alia:
I don't think that this is wanted since the error message which displays in frontend is "The name must start with a letter and optionally contain - & ".

In functions/form.php from line 150, your Reg Ex (in preg_replace) strips the numbers in $cmtx_default_name, even if there is only one between the letters. Which leads to the above non comprehensive error message.

Solution is to replace the reg ex:
Code:
/[^\p{L}&\-\'. ]/u
with
Code:
/[^\p{L}\p{N}*&\-\'. ]/u

And it's fixed.

You can test it here : http://www.solmetra.com/scripts/regex/index.php

Edit : Sorry for the double post, it was a misuse of the browser back button.

Hi gulian,

Thanks for your bug report. However the regex was *meant* to strip numbers and I think the error message supports that. The error message says that only a letter, a dash, an ampersand, a single quote or a period is allowed. So, as a number is not in that list, it is rightfully stripped. Your change is to allow a number, and that's fine if that's how you want it to work, but I'm not sure that it's a "bug" because a number was never meant to be allowed.

Have you completed the interview?

Ok,

The error message does not says "only a letter" or "only letters", it says "The name must start with a letter..."

This is also because I did not see either any reasons why numbers could have been banned in a nickname/username, in the conception of commentics

It's because the name field is designed to be the person's name and not a username.

Have you completed the interview?

ok I understand. Thanks