This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

pageload speed

Great script, just what I've been looking for! I put it on my product pages cause I want people to comment, rate etc the products.

One thing I notice is the script seems a little heavy, ie takes a while longer for the page to load. Thats just to get the form, but when there is actually a comment there (I posted a test comment) the pageload speed is a lot slower! See for yourself. Is it just me?

Does anybody else have this problem? I have looked into browser caching in .htacces but can't figure that out. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I visited your website and it did take a while to load (7.397 seconds). At first I thought it may be an external reason such as the Gravatar, but the demo for Commentics has that enabled and it's currently taking only 2.247 seconds to load, and it has over 1,500 comments. My next thought would be that your server is slow but I can see that it responds quickly on the pages where Commentics is not loaded. So, it only leaves me with trying to determine what's different about your setup of Commentics and mine. The only thing which I can think of is that you may be using the 'cmtx_title' keyword in your integration code. This can slow the page down because it means that the script has to use cURL to open your page before displaying everything.

Have you completed the interview?

I would like to use the title but I guess I can live without it. Problem now is I got kicked out and I can't get in to the backend admin acct. I do the password reset, it sends me the pw but when I log in it won't let me in. Timeout of 30 minutes. Pasted and typed the new pw.

(27-Mar-2013, 01:31 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

I visited your website and it did take a while to load (7.397 seconds). At first I thought it may be an external reason such as the Gravatar, but the demo for Commentics has that enabled and it's currently taking only 2.247 seconds to load, and it has over 1,500 comments. My next thought would be that your server is slow but I can see that it responds quickly on the pages where Commentics is not loaded. So, it only leaves me with trying to determine what's different about your setup of Commentics and mine. The only thing which I can think of is that you may be using the 'cmtx_title' keyword in your integration code. This can slow the page down because it means that the script has to use cURL to open your page before displaying everything.

Does your IP address change frequently? If so, open /comments/admin/includes/auth.php and remove or comment these lines:

PHP Code:
<?php 
//verify ip-address
if ($_SESSION['cmtx_ip_address'] != cmtx_get_ip_address()) {
cmtx_log_out("exit");
}

If you want to get rid of the timeout, open phpMyAdmin and truncate the 'attempts' table.

If you need to reset your password manually: http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=12

Yes, my IP address did change. I got back in and changed from title to filename and it works like a pro. Much faster!

Good service dude, thanx!Big Grin

(02-Apr-2013, 01:38 PM)Steven Wrote:  Does your IP address change frequently? If so, open /comments/admin/includes/auth.php and remove or comment these lines:

PHP Code:
<?php 
//verify ip-address
if ($_SESSION['cmtx_ip_address'] != cmtx_get_ip_address()) {
cmtx_log_out("exit");
}

You're welcome. Just a couple of suggestions about your site. As it has quite a large font size, one of the asterisks is being pushed onto a new line. You can fix this by increasing the width of the labels in the stylesheet:

Code:
.cmtx_label {
float: left;
width: 110px;
}

Also, I assume it's intentional that the "will not be published" message is on its own line, since you've added a 'display:block' to its class.

Otherwise, everything looks good!