This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

No Comments. Be the first!

(20-Apr-2013, 01:15 PM)Steven Wrote:  I think improving the email subscription system is one of the keys to making the script as good as it can be. I'd like to eventually add options to subscribe to only specific comments, to admin comments only etc. Even for the user to limit the amount of emails they receive, to choose a daily round-up, or to say that they don't want to receive any emails overnight etc. Before then though, I think allowing guest subscriptions is the very first step forward so that's what I'm focussing on at the moment.

Maybe down the road you could have Commentics where someone could click on the comment #Name and a new window would give some options like "View all comments by #Name", or "subscribe to all #Name's comments" or "View all #Name comments (with selection box to Subscribe to selected comments)".

Have to be careful there. I'm all for adding features that relate to the comments, but definitely not the users. I don't want Commentics to try to act like a forum if you know what I mean. I want all the focus to be on the comments. Subscribing to admin comments is probably the furthest that I would want to go. That's quite easy because it can use the existing admin detection feature.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tom C.
15-Apr-2013, 01:41 PM
Last Post by Steven
28-Jul-2010, 11:55 AM